Repetitive Strain Injury

paddy@panici.net paddy at panici.net
Mon Jan 15 13:29:06 GMT 2007

On Mon, Jan 15, 2007 at 10:36:20AM +0000, Pete Sergeant wrote:

> Hope this is useful to anyone suffering from RSI. I wouldn't have
> thought the solution (for me) would be quite so simple, but there you go
> :-)

RSI as a term names the cause of the injury, not its specific nature.
What is most effective as a treament will vary according to the nature
of the injury, but in general "so don't do that then" is one obvious
possibility.

I had RSI nigh on 20 years ago.  The first doctor I went to diagnosed
one thing and told me to rest, which didn't help.  The next doctor
diagnosed something different, and gave me exercises to do, which
completely cured the problem.  No problems since.

But part of the cure is the experience of having had the problem.
I notice if I'm overdoing it and take appropriate action before it
is too late. I wouldn't want to do that to myself again.

Regards,
Paddy