[OT] Mac Wireless Problems

Raphael Mankin raph at mankin.org.uk
Sat Feb 24 13:10:06 GMT 2007

On Sat, 2007-02-24 at 10:21 +0000, Dave Cross wrote:

> Secondly, I bought a new access point and plugged it in in place of the
> old one. But for various reasons, it doesn't work properly and I have
> now gone back to the old one temporarily.
>
> Has anyone seen something like this before?

Many card and access points do not implement the protocols properly. The
consequence is unpredictable incompatibilities.

In once case, the only way I could get a card to work with the AP was by
setting the network anonymous with no  password. Not the world's best
configuration.

I first came across this sort of problem when developing modem firmware.
We had many other modems to test against, and when we checked their
frequencies and timing we found that not one of them met the CCITT
specs.