Free teach-in

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Sat Mar 10 19:32:05 GMT 2007

On 10 Mar 2007, at 18:29, Dirk Koopman wrote:
[...]
> Although I am not certain the word is defined in the OED, I took
> "fossile" to mean: "fossil like", or older than the much maligned
> BR sandwich (although I would accept "ex-BR sandwich" as an
> alternative).

It would not at all surprise me to discover that the sandwich I
foolishly bought on a Virgin train once (since nobody ever repeats
the mistake) was indeed still left over from the BR era.

BR tea was of course made by pouring boiling water into a linesman's
boot and then adding some condensed milk and six sugars to the
resulting liquor. The best tea came from the boots that still had a
rolled-up sock in them.