Noise cancelling headphones - Re: The Newly Inaugurated London.pm "Most In Need of Positivity" Award

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Tue Apr 10 13:09:46 BST 2007

On Tue, Apr 10, 2007 at 12:27:18PM +0100, Matt Wilson wrote:
> On 4/10/07, Peter Corlett <abuse at cabal.org.uk> wrote:
[...]
>> You don't need headphones for that, you need fully-automatic weaponry.
> Or steel toe-capped boots.

There are other kinds of boots?

> Personally the people that annoy me the most on the tube are the people
> who wear headphones when they might as well just take speakers with them,
> considering the volume they're playing the music at.

I really ought to learn enough sign language to say "can you turn that down
a bit?"

Alas, since they're playing a recording out of a solid-state buffer, they're
immune to jamming. Not that you can get decent radio reception on the Tube
anyway, even on the overground bits, due to the amount of RFI there already.

There should definitely be more RFI in the 900MHz and 1800MHz bands on the
Tube though.