Anyone know about eyes?

Andy Armstrong andy at hexten.net
Wed May 2 12:04:51 BST 2007

On 2 May 2007, at 11:33, Edmund von der Burg wrote:
> Maybe you could get something similar done so that at least you can
> monitor any change and point at something physical.

I'll certainly investigate thanks. Still waiting for a referral at
the moment. It'd be quite cool to get a scan - the blotch in my field
of vision resembles Homer Simpson with either a bindi or a bullet
hole in his forehead at the moment - be cool if the scan looked like
that too.

> My pet hate is when you say to an optician "my eyes hurt" and they put
> it down to being tired. Seems like their standard reply to anything
> that they cannot explain.

Ophthalmologist: Do you use a computer for more than an hour a day?
Me: Yeah, about sixteen hours a day
Op: Really? <shakes head> So you must get eye strain all the time?
Me: No, never
Op: <looks bemused, diverts attention to equipment>

I'm not sure if he thought I was lying. Actually I think he was
thinking "this guy's 43, stares at a computer all the time he's
awake, doesn't wear specs, can read to the bottom row of the chart -
WTF is he complaining about?"

--
Andy Armstrong, hexten.net