Bonkers

Marvin Humphrey marvin at rectangular.com
Sun May 6 02:02:48 BST 2007

On May 5, 2007, at 5:09 PM, Paul Makepeace wrote:

> I am surprised people are making the most noise about money, is that
> the sole block to moving jobs? Is challenge, work place environment,
> peer quality (this is the biggie for me at Google), and other
> intangibles all nicely covered, and it's just the cash slowing people
> down?

Telecommuting and flex-time.

I've managed to maintain that kind of a setup for 6 years now, and
though I wouldn't rule out taking a job that didn't offer them, they
are a major attraction.   When handled right, it's a glorious way to
live and work.

Marvin Humphrey
Rectangular Research
http://www.rectangular.com/