Bonkers

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Thu May 10 16:56:37 BST 2007

On Thu, May 10, 2007 at 04:36:14PM +0100, Dave Cross wrote:
[...]
> The one time I was asked to bring code samples to an interview (and it was
> an organisation that is currently close to your heart)

The Sloaney Pony? My local greasy spoon?

> I took along Symbol::Approx::Sub[1]. It was a risky approach, but it
> seemed to work.

Funnily enough, I chatted about that module in my last interview, although
possibly in a "don't worry, I won't write anything like *that*" for you kind
of way.

> I think I took something sane along too - but I can't remember what.

formmail.pl, I assume.

> [1] I considered Tie::Hash::Cannabinol, but rejected it as just _too_
> silly.

I've just learned something new about Perl by reading the source to that!
Now, whether it's in the 75% I remember and the 75% I can recall later, I
don't know. It's probably 50/50 that I even manage to remember whether or
not I've forgotten...