[teachin] Reading/Oxford.pm

Raf rafiq at dreamthought.com
Mon Jun 4 12:06:09 BST 2007

On Mon, 4 Jun 2007, Dave Cross wrote:
> That's great news. The people at http://pm.org/ can help you get a new
> group integrated into the Perl Mongers infrastructure. Full details of
> what they can offer are at
>
>    http://groups.pm.org/faq.html

I'll check this out shortly.

I'm quite amazed by the positive reponse so far.  It's only been about two
hours since I spoke with our centre manager and I've already had 8 perl
developers here, express their interest.  One is getting in touch with
further contacts at Cisco.  We also have everyone who just responded on
the list and Adam's offer to give a talk.

It looks like this will be happening.  I'm going to check out the faq
above.  In the mean time, if those interested can specify a convenient day
of the week, perhaps we can start planning a first meeting in the very
near future.  I'm good for most evenings, apart from Monday's and
Fridays's.  FYI: We're based close to Green Park
(http://maps.google.com/?q=green%20park%20reading%20UK) in Reading and
there's a dodgy Irish pub next door.

How does thamesvalley.pm sound?  It seems to cover the
region of interest?

Very exciting.  Thanks to all who have expressed interest thus far.

Raf