Outsourcing Perl programming

Pete Sergeant pete at clueball.com
Thu Jun 7 12:41:01 BST 2007

On Thu, Jun 07, 2007 at 12:26:29PM +0100, Nicholas Clark wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 07, 2007 at 11:57:06AM +0100, Pete Sergeant wrote:
> > Anyone have any recommendations/ideas/etc on finding a Polish or Indian
> > or other person who's likely to be highly technically competent, and
> > happy to work for 10 UKP/hour?
>
> If you want decent documentation, do you want a non-native speaker?

My gut feeling is that that won't matter that much. Good documentation
is good documentation, whatever language it's written in. That's food
for thought tho.

> How are you planning to assess how much they're skimping on the levels you'd
> like? For example, how do you automate measuring the quality of the
> tests they write? After all, they can easily write a large volume of
> unimaginative tests that go nowhere near the corners of your code, and
> that will fulfil the letter of any contract.

Nightly code review, and assesment. I'm hoping it'll take me a small
amount of time to review tests and documentation, compared to writing
them myself. I may be wrong, but it's worth trying...

+Pete