removing a file with hyphens

Eric Wilhelm scratchcomputing at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 04:10:55 BST 2007

# from David Cantrell
# on Thursday 07 June 2007 04:01 pm:

>Ah, now there's a rich vein of Hate.  Beacause obviously it,s too hard
>to allocate however many tens of insignificant bytes the user
> requires.

Not too hard, just compiled-in to the kernel.  Maybe the exec envelope
is static and thus making it really big would cost you on every fork?
But, it could be dynamic and the limit is defined only for safety's
sake.  (At a glance, it looks like it is static in Linux, so I guess it
would cost you.)

  include/linux/binfmts.h:#define MAX_ARG_PAGES 32

Google suggests that HP and BSD at least do something similar.  Fun
thesis project I suppose.

--Eric
--
Consumers want choice, consumers want openness.
--Rob Glaser