Vienna Talks

Nic Gibson nicg at noslogan.org
Fri Jun 15 22:28:54 BST 2007

On 15/06/07, Andy Armstrong <andy at hexten.net> wrote:

> On 15 Jun 2007, at 20:42, Nic Gibson wrote:
> > Hmmm. I guess I count as old these days. Over 40 count as old?
> > I went to a meeting and then I went home.
>
> I'm 43. I presume that counts as old. Once you even /think/ the words
> "you're only as old as you feel" that's it, right?
>
> Well, you're two years older than me then

I've always wondered about that phrase tho. There are times when I feel
seventy and they are generally caused by a three year old.

My wife, being a canadian (ex) punk in her mid 30s, can't understand my
fondness for all this 80s electro pop stuff (I played her Blancmange the
other day and she was politely bemused by them).

 I went to see the Cure with another canadian friend a few years back (same
age as my wife - 34) and realised when Robert Smith said something about
'doing this for 25 years now' that I'd first seen the Cure 24 years
previously. I think that was depressing.

nic