needs some advice - is london ok for Perl jobs or other cities.

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Tue Jul 10 16:02:28 BST 2007

On Tue, Jul 10, 2007 at 12:14:45AM +0530, abhishek jain wrote:
[...]
> And what about Nottingham , how is this city PerlWise, i see there is
> Nottingham.pm as well. I might select Notingham Uni, whats your personal
> vote,

I grew up in in Nottingham, left when I got to eighteen, and have no desire
at all to return. It's a crime-filled dump of a place.

Nottingham University is highly-respected, so it's not a bad choice of place
to get a degree from. I wouldn't bother with Trent Poly^W^W Nottingham Trent
University.

There didn't seem to be much Perl work in the city, as far as I could tell
from friends who lived there and ended up commuting all over the country for
work.