turncoat

Richard Foley Richard.Foley at rfi.net
Thu Jul 26 16:58:35 BST 2007

On Thursday 26 July 2007 17:23, Tom Hukins wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 26, 2007 at 03:52:05PM +0100, Denny wrote:
> > They're not very interesting.
> >
> > Mostly this seems to translate to "they're not offering enough money"
>
> I suspect this might sum it up.  From talking to various people about
> what constitutes an "interesting job", I've not come up with anything
> coherent.
>
> Can anyone show us adverts for these interesting jobs that other
> programming languages have?  What proportion of that language's jobs
> do such jobs constitute?  What would an interesting Perl job look
> like?

Those are good questions.

Would, for example, 'using Perl to test the Space Station control centre file
storage and network installation', come under the heading of 'interesting'?
Or perhaps 'using Perl and Oracle to devise a two-way encrypting feed for an
international investment bank'?

I wonder if it's a glass-half-(full|empty) thing... ?-)

--
Richard Foley
Ciao - shorter than aufwiedersehen

http://www.rfi.net/