[ANNOUNCE] [REMINDER] Social this Thursday - PLUS! free beer

Billy Abbott billy at cowfish.org.uk
Wed Aug 1 16:24:22 BST 2007

On Wed, 1 Aug 2007, Nicholas Clark wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 01, 2007 at 10:20:24AM +0100, Adrian Howard wrote:
>
>> I raised it during a job interview with them - do I win?
>
> I had been thinking recently that I needed to add to my three questions:
>
> http://use.perl.org/~nicholas/journal/31695
>
>  * Is this a new position?
>  * Is this job fun?
>  * No job is perfect. What do you find is the most annoying part of this job?
>

> these three:
>
>  * What version control system do you use?
>  * How do you test the code?
>  * What is your release process?

Those are three of the questions that we like hearing when interviewing at
my place of work - however, we interview new grads mainly and don't get
asked them as often as we'd like.

Asking their opinion on our approach to the latter two is always a nice
way of getting good candidates to talk - the bad ones look confused and
the really good candidates start crying...

--billy

--
If your lungs and stomach start talking, stand with your arms
akimbo until they stop.