Vienna Previews

Smylers Smylers at stripey.com
Thu Aug 2 16:20:10 BST 2007

Joel Bernstein writes:

> On Thu, Aug 02, 2007 at 02:35:28PM +0100, Smylers wrote:
>
> > Joel Bernstein writes:

> > > What sort of number of people do you envisage attending?
> >
> > Absolutely no idea -- currently this event only exists in my head, and
> > in your and my mails to this mailing list.  I don't even know yet
> > whether there's anybody else interested at all!
>
> Well, assuming there is,

In private e-mail I've now had one other person express interest in
being in the audience!

> what date are you thinking of?

One of these evenings:

  * Monday August 13th
  * Tuesday August 14th
  * Wednesday August 15th
  * Thursday August 16th

  * Monday August 20th
  * Tuesday August 21st
  * Wednesday August 22nd
  * Thursday August 23rd

-- whichever turns out to be the most convenient for those concerned.
Thursday 16th sounds good to me, but this event is only feasible if we
get some other speakers will to participate, and there may be
restrictions on when they can do.

> > (Come to think of it, I'm sure my employer (123-reg) would also be
> > prepared to offer a room, but Stockley Park isn't going to make a
> > convenient venue for many people.)
>
> What, Zone 7? You're having a laugh. I might as well invite people to
> Aberystwyth.

If the bus and the train link up properly I can do desk-Paddington in
under 40 minutes.  But yes, I wasn't seriously proposing it as a venue.
(That's why it was in brackets!)

Smylers