does CPAN still work?

Michael Stillwell mjs at beebo.org
Sun Aug 5 22:20:50 BST 2007

Does installing modules via CPAN still work for anyone else?  Over
the past few years more and more modules have been failing tests;
just about everything needs to be installed via "force" now.  (e.g.
an install of Bundle::CPAN.)

I'm on OS X, but I'd have thought this would be fairly well
supported.  I also install into a home directory with the equivalent of:

perl Makefile.PL LIB=$HOME/local/lib/CPAN INSTALLMAN1DIR=$HOME/local/
man/man1 INSTALLMAN3DIR=$HOME/local/man/man3 INSTALLSCRIPT=$HOME/
local/lib/CPAN/bin INSTALLDIRS=perl

which maybe isn't quite so tested.  But then again, this used to work
fine.

--M.

--
http://beebo.org