does CPAN still work?

Adrian Howard adrianh at quietstars.com
Mon Aug 6 09:31:10 BST 2007

On 6 Aug 2007, at 06:45, Richard Foley wrote:

> On Sunday 05 August 2007 23:20, Michael Stillwell wrote:
>> Does installing modules via CPAN still work for anyone else?  Over
>> the past few years more and more modules have been failing tests;
>> just about everything needs to be installed via "force" now.
>>
> Most things work very smoothly for me, multiple buried dependencies
> and
> everything.  On the rare occassion when it doesn't work, at least
> there is
> 'force' to fall back on.
[snip]

... or maybe fixing the problem that causes the tests to fail?

I've seen the kind of problems that Michael reported caused by people
dropping back to "force install" when tests fail because the module
isn't working properly. Which means the modules that depend on that
module working will then fail.... and so on...

Adrian (who doesn't have any OS X CPAN issues either :-)