Perl IDE

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Wed Aug 8 17:21:28 BST 2007

On Wed, Aug 08, 2007 at 02:50:02PM +0100, Paul Orrock wrote:
> Matt S Trout wrote:
> >I just can't bring myself to live without focus follows mouse :)
> I keep trying it every few months to see if I can get used to it and I
> never can. What I really want is "focus follows eyesight" but I guess
> that's a few years away yet.

I like it a lot.  It's not something I find essential, just useful.

There *are* a couple of OS X-ish things that do it.  Codetek Virtual
Desktop is one, Mondo Mouse is another (both payware) and I assume there
are others.  However, last time I tried Codetek, it brought windows to
the front as well as focusing them, which is just as bad as having to
click (which also brings 'em to the front of course).

I'm comfortable using focus-follows-mouse on Linux and proper Unix, and
focus-follows-click on OS X.

--
David Cantrell | Official London Perl Mongers Bad Influence

I think the most difficult moment that anyone could face is seeing
their domestic servants, whether maid or drivers, run away
  -- Abdul Rahman Al-Sheikh, writing at
     http://www.arabnews.com/?article=38558