[on topic] Beer

Nicholas Clark nick at ccl4.org
Mon Aug 13 14:33:35 BST 2007

On Sun, Aug 12, 2007 at 02:32:43PM +0100, Jonathan Stowe wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-08-11 at 16:27 +0100, Nicholas Clark wrote:

> I seem to recall that the "Green Man and French Horn" in St. Martins
> Lane was once two separate pubs, hence the weird name.

I don't think that it could have been at the current premises. Number 54
St. Martins lane is quite narrow, and nestled snugly between numbers 53 and
55, suggesting that no-one has re-numbered that street in the past couple of
hundred years*

Maybe one of the two was next door.

Nicholas Clark

* Old streets in London are numbered up one side and back down the other.
  This makes it rather hard to extend the street.