[off-topic] Re: What do perl lovers like about python?

Nigel Rantor wiggly at wiggly.org
Wed Aug 22 16:28:59 BST 2007

Tara L Andrews wrote:
> On 22 Aug 2007, at 15:41, Nigel Rantor wrote:
>
>> Otávio Fernandes wrote:
>>> David,
>>> In past months I learned python, its very useful, but the most
>>> interesting thing in my opinion is module calling (importing) its very
>>> easy.
>>
>> In that case can you let me know how you get two seperate libraries to
>> hold modules with a common root namespace?
>>
>> You can only have a single __init__.py and the first one to be found
>> wins.
>
> You re-write the import functions to have the logic you think it should
> have.  I actually had to do this at my last job, to make

Well, firstly, can you give me some more detail about what you mean.

Secondly, can I just say that I think this could be cleaned up. I don't
see the advantage of the Python way here. If you need module specific
initialisation what's wrong with BEGIN blocks? (I'm sure there are
arguments, I just don't know what they are right now)