[OT] DNS problems - getting a different name server

Andrew Black andrew-li at black1.org.uk
Mon Sep 3 19:53:04 BST 2007

I am having trouble resolving mail.kahless.org on my bytemark VM (and on
IRC Greg confirmed he was getting the same results)

I have probed a bit more and am finding I am getting a different NS on
bytemark that home machine.
Full out put is on http://paste.husk.org/9105

 From bytemark
   dig ns @80.68.80.24 kahless.org
   kahless.org.            85188   IN      NS      ns05.zw-hosting.net.

 From home machine (using AAISP NS)
   dig ns @217.169.20.21 kahless.org
   kahless.org.            75535   IN      NS      ns4.zealous.net.

And the zealous.net servers are behaving, the ns02.zw-hosting.net ones
don't seem to be.

  dig  @ns02.zw-hosting.net  mail.kahless.org
; <<>> DiG 9.2.4 <<>> @ns02.zw-hosting.net mail.kahless.org
;; global options:  printcmd