Perl at the BBC?

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Tue Sep 18 13:51:52 BST 2007

On Mon, Sep 17, 2007 at 05:17:10PM +0100, Robin Doran wrote:

> We have a number of perl software engineer positions open at the moment,
> it's unfortunate but it seems that in this case someone was looking for
> a perl job literally days after an application deadline had closed.
> When we are recruiting for perl positions we try and spread our net far
> and wide and, in future, will see if we can include jobs at london.pm.org.

When you do, it's a good idea to also email the list moderators or /msg
us on IRC, to make sure that they approve the post quickly.  That's me,
Jonathan Stowe, and I think a couple of other people.  Would they please
pipe up now.

You should also mumble at the moderators if you post to
london.pm-announce as well, cos otherwise your message will just
disappear into the torrent of spam that gets thrown away.

What profiteth a man, if he win a flame war, yet lose his cool?