Devel::CheckOS - please test me!

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Mon Oct 1 23:18:02 BST 2007

On Mon, Oct 01, 2007 at 10:56:10PM +0100, David Cantrell wrote:
[...]
> Good one. That's
> /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Resources/WindowServer
> on this 'ere 10.4.latest box. Is it safe to assume that that's where it
> lives on *all* OS Xes?

I probably wouldn't assume *anything* when it comes to Apple but that path
looks encouraging. My 10.3 box is dead though so I can't check.

You could also look at a process listing. I see
"/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Resources/Wind"
running as user "windowserver".

> Alternatively, I could just assume that no-one uses OpenDarwin, given that
> the project died from lack of interest.

WorksForMe(TM).

--
Improvable Tripe: http://tripe.cabal.org.uk/