Mixing file IO and signals

Paul LeoNerd Evans leonerd at leonerd.org.uk
Thu Oct 4 17:01:11 BST 2007

On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 02:16:12PM +0100, Paul LeoNerd Evans wrote:
>   I don't know enough about unsafe signals to know if that's "safe" to
>   do there - perhaps someone can advise?

So, for future reference it turns out that no, none of this is safe.

Specifically, the perl op dispatch loop itself is not reentrant. That
means that no unsafe (i.e. non-deferred) signal handler can ever safely
call any perl code at all.

Looks like I'm down to my other two options...

--
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans

leonerd at leonerd.org.uk
ICQ# 4135350       |  Registered Linux# 179460
http://www.leonerd.org.uk/