easy introduction to perl

Stray Taoist mwk at straytoaster.co.uk
Fri Oct 5 08:50:40 BST 2007

On Fri, Oct 05, 2007 at 08:13:43AM +0100, Ash Berlin wrote:

> Does anyone really do that anymore? How very 1997...

Yup, we still do. And we don't use database abstraction layers (much),
either.

You know, sometimes you just want a quick page, that does something simple.
No need for scaffolding and structure and fluff. Just get some data. Print it
on a page. That is all.

Shiny tools are all very well. But sometimes a good old-fashioned handheld,
manual, not whizzy flash and trousers screwdriver does the trick.

m.
--
http://weblog.straytoaster.co.uk/ # Gotta have a weblog. It is the law.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/straytoaster # All the cool kids have photostreams