easy introduction to perl

Adrian Howard adrianh at quietstars.com
Fri Oct 5 12:20:01 BST 2007

On 5 Oct 2007, at 12:00, Nic Gibson wrote:
[snip]
>> This may be slightly contrarian - but I have personally found it
>> easier to introduce references/objects earlier rather than later.
>> Especially if folk have experience in other programming languages.
>
> I think *only* if they have experience.

Yeah... not so sure about that myself... I don't think OO is actually
as difficult for newbies as many folk think it is. Especially if you
can give people a framework to start with.

Oh year - I introduce testing right from the start too. Pairing & TDD
is a _really_ nice way to introduce languages.

Adrian