car identity

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Fri Oct 5 17:14:07 BST 2007

On Fri, Oct 05, 2007 at 03:23:27PM +0100, Dirk Koopman wrote:
> Greg Sheard wrote:
> >However, I can definitely say it was registered in Middlesbrough between
> >1903 and 1965, and based on the number, a 1930-ish date seems
> >reasonable. (Number plate info from
> >http://eircooled.com/numberplates.aspx, if you want to look at it).
> What I am actually trying to do is date this photo:-
> http://www.tobit.co.uk/pub.jpg         (warning: large photo)
> Another way may be to trace the brewery: C S Constable & Sons Arundel

G S Constable and Sons merged with G Henty and Sons to form Henty &
Constable in 1921.  Brewing was moved to Henty's brewery in Chichester
in 1922.  Henty & Constable closed in 1955.

See <http://www.arundelbrewery.co.uk/history/history.htm>.

It might be this pub:
  http://www.forestersarms-kirdford.co.uk/

      Blessed are the pessimists, for they test their backups