easy introduction to perl

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Sat Oct 6 21:19:42 BST 2007

Jonathan Rockway wrote:
> Lyle - CosmicPerl.com wrote:
>> Ash Berlin wrote:
>>> Does anyone really do that anymore? How very 1997...
>> Ughhh YES I make a living our of that! Would you prefer I use php or
>> something?
>

> I think Ash's point was that many perl people are moving away from plain
> CGI.pm and are using more advanced tools like Mason, Catalyst, Jifty,
> and CGI::Application.

I'd hardly call CGI::Application "advanced".

Catalyst might be, Mason might be, I have no idea what Jifty is, but
CGI::Application is just a slightly more wordy way of writing this:

if($action eq 'foo') {
} elsif($action eq 'bar') {
} elsif($action eq 'baz') {
}

    I caught myself pulling grey hairs out of my beard.
    I'm definitely not going grey, but I am going vain.