Benchmark results (was easy introduction to perl)

Lyle - CosmicPerl.com perl at cosmicperl.com
Sun Oct 7 22:15:15 BST 2007

Jonathan Rockway wrote:
> I think Ash's point was that many perl people are moving away from plain
> CGI.pm and are using more advanced tools like Mason, Catalyst, Jifty,
> and CGI::Application.

While looking at some benchmarking for Perl, PHP, ASP, etc, I came
across some results that mentioned Mason, and has certainly put me off it!
http://www.chamas.com/bench/

Not saying
CGI.pm did any better, lol. Although I've only every used CGI.pm for
browser file uploads and not for generating HTML. I've always used my
own HTML routines, I was thinking about changing it all to template
toolkit, but looking at the memory overhead I think I might stick with
my own stuff...

Lyle