Exporting functions by attributes

Ovid publiustemp-londonpm at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 12 08:27:29 BST 2007

--- Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk> wrote:

> > For the record, Exporter::Simple does what I had in mind - you can
> tag
> > functions with attributes Exported or Exportable (exported by
> default or
> > optionally). More info in their docs.
>
> I'd just suck it up and use Sub::Exporter, which is much nicer than
> anything
> else I've found.

++

Bonus:  no inheritance required.  If I have to deal with one more
module which forces me to inherit just because the author thought it
was a good idea, I'm going to go insane.

So, let's say I need a factory class, with class data, don't want to
worry about missing methods and want handy method generation.

Where's the bug?

  package Hate;

  # Hmm, better sort these so they're easy to read ...

  use base qw(
    Class::Accessor
    Class::BlackHole
    Class::Data::Inheritable