Hosting again

Simon Wistow simon at thegestalt.org
Tue Oct 30 18:03:44 GMT 2007

On Mon, Oct 29, 2007 at 10:54:58AM +0000, Andy Armstrong said:
> Does anyone have recommendations?

London.pm.org is graciously hosted on a FreeBSD virtual machine from
Exonetric, a company run by people with strong links to London.pm. Based
on my experiences running London.pm.org I transferred all my domains
over to them and I couldn't be happier - customer support is absolutely
superb and the quality of hosting has been excellent.

There was an incident earlier this year when one of those "Once in a
million years, shouldn't happen in my lifetime" coincedencental hardware
failures happened. Their response was exemplary and within 24 hours I
was back up and running on a new, better host which was far more than I
was expecting.

They seemed mortified by the whole incident but, if anything, the
incident reassured me that I was hosting with the right people.