OT: It's arrived!

Nicholas Clark nick at ccl4.org
Tue Nov 6 21:56:44 GMT 2007

On Tue, Nov 06, 2007 at 09:21:10PM +0000, David Cantrell wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 06, 2007 at 01:06:51PM -0000, Gareth Kirwan wrote:
>
> > >Is the next London.pm booze-up^W meet-up in a pub with a decent whisky
> > >selection?
>
> Ahh, now if you'd come to the Orthodox social last week you would have
> ... not gone to a pub with lots of whiskies.  But we did at least
> *consider* a pub with lots of whiskies.  Nick counted them.  There were
> over a hundred.

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/57/5707/Britannia/Borough

There were 119 named on the board [a grid 6x20, with one crossed out, so easy
to count] but only 93ish behind the bar. [hard to count - no pattern]

However, there was one beer on tap (and I forget which), or Guinness, or
lager, so it didn't seem a great plan for a london.pm social.
The menu looked interesting enough, but we didn't stay long enough to try it.

The Bridge House, on the other hand, had lots of lovely beer.
And very nice food. And we had table service this time.
And it's very convenient for me to get home from, so I think we should go
there again.

Nicholas Clark