music to code to

Toby Corkindale tjc at wintrmute.net
Mon Nov 12 23:42:59 GMT 2007

On Mon, Nov 12, 2007 at 02:41:29PM +0000, Edmund von der Burg wrote:
> What works for you lot?

Some times, prog euro metal - Opeth, Porcupine Tree, Amorphis, Anathema, Ulver
(erm, plus Neurosis.. what are they, intense soundscape prog grind?)
Some other times, psy and prog trance - Haldolium, Perplex, Dritte Raum, Astral
projection..
Maybe a little indie - sonic youth, headless chickens, radiohead, interpol
Quite a lot of times, laid back glitchy noizy idm like Gridlock, Dryft,
Bitcrush, Cambion, Sado, milligramme, antigen shift, Modular..
Some drum & bass - Klute, Cativo, Monoface, LTJ Bukem, Peshay..
Some faster, harder, noizey stuff- winterkaelte, this morn omina, iszoloscope,
ebola, mono no aware..
Some trip-hop and chill-out stuff - Substanz T, portishead, dj shadow, tricky,
thievery corporation, shpongle, love spirals downwards..
Some downbeat surrealist stuff, the legendary pink dots, the tear garden..
Some techno - Christian Vogel, Stacey Pullen, Plastikman, radioactive man..
Some neofolkish stuff - Beth Gibbons, Steve von Till, Scott Kelly, c93..
Some 60/70s stuff - various, but incl. the velvet underground, and pink floyd
of course (fav albums: Meddle, WYWH, Relics)
Some contemporary classical (what DO you call Godspeed! You Black Emperor and
its ilk?)

The important thing to note is that I need whatever is appropriate for my mood
at the time.. Some days I need syncopated clicks and no vocals, and other times
I want acoustic rhythms and clear vocals. Other times, silence. Go figure?

Toby