Pigeons (Was: NLP followup)

Smylers Smylers at stripey.com
Tue Nov 13 11:11:10 GMT 2007

Nigel Rantor writes:

> MacGyveR wrote:
>
> > On Monday 12 November 2007 21:55, Andrew Beattie wrote:
> >
> > > I am not familiar with NLP.  Does it stand for:
> >
> > never fight pigeons
>
> surely that was a typo since we're talking NLP, you must have meant
> "never light pigeons", which I think is sage advice.

When I moved to London in January one of the first billboards I noticed
(at Ealing Broadway station, I think) proffered this pigeon-related
advice:

  A smart Londoner doesn't feed the pigeons.
  A smart Londoner travels by Heathrow Connect.

I'm still puzzled by it.  Are those two activities supposed to be
mutually exclusive?  Is the suggestion that if you get the urge to do
the former you should do the latter instead?

And has a corresponding update been made to the lyrics of that 'Mary
Poppins' song?

Smylers