Multi platform, high volume data recording

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Tue Nov 13 11:31:01 GMT 2007

On Mon, Nov 12, 2007 at 01:07:23PM +0000, Lyle - CosmicPerl.com wrote:
> David Cantrell wrote:
> >On Sun, Nov 11, 2007 at 02:25:03AM +0000, Lyle - CosmicPerl.com wrote:
> >>                  There could potentially be a
> >>newsletter going out daily to a mailing list of
> >>over 90,000.
> >*TWANG*
> >That was my spammer-sense making me go all tingly.  I do hope you're not
> >up to anything I wouldn't approve of.
> Christ no! Jesus, what do you think of me??

I think that you just described what lots of spammers and very few
legitimate businesses do.

> I've got a double opt in list of over 14,000 myself

"Double opt-in" is spammer-speak, designed to make proper sign-up
procedures seem pointless.  You mean "confirmed opt-in".

--
David Cantrell | Official London Perl Mongers Bad Influence

     Repent through spending