NLP followup

ben@bpfh.net ben at bpfh.net
Tue Nov 13 17:01:09 GMT 2007

On Tue, Nov 13, 2007 at 08:35:15AM -0800, Paul Makepeace wrote:

>I think text/plain and 80-col wrapping is increasingly an anachronism.
>text/html has taken over (seriously, get over it), and even where it
>hasn't (like here), a mail reader should be able to display unwrapped
>text/plain without leaving it unreadable. If that's not the case, my
>harsh response would be "go fix it'.

In my experience, text/html mail which lacks a valid text/plain part
will be spam-scored out of existence, or outright rejected.

In addition, at work we handle a significant volume of non-Western
encoded mail and we still have a large number of vocal clients who
rely upon the text/plain part of the mail, so it has to be
semantic-equivalent to the text/html part.

The above may, of course, be specific to our sector.

Ben