[londonperl] Re: music to code to

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Tue Nov 13 21:11:22 GMT 2007

Andrew Black wrote:
> Paul Johnson wrote:
>> On Mon, Nov 12, 2007 at 08:18:10AM -0800, David Alban wrote:
>>
>>> ... Gesualdo ...  Byrd, Tallis, Victoria, Hassler ... Take that.
>>
>> One of these things is not like the others.
>
> 4 different nationalities so that isn't it?
>
> Gesualdo was a murderer. Is this the expected answer?

Dunno, that's why I kept quiet. Personally, I would have guessed
Hassler, but for no good reason (and I might have been tempted to
enclose a pdf of a mass of his that I edited, just for swanking, but the
list would have stripped all that off).

The main reason I chose him, apart from the amazing chromatic shifts
that his stuff has, is that he essentially wrote all this stuff as part
of his atonement for murdering his wife + wife's lover. In fact he wrote
this stuff to be whipped to (by his man servant) whilst praying at the
alter rail in his chapel.

As programmer, having to deal with various arms of Government, I can
identify with this...