music to code to

muppet scott at asofyet.org
Tue Nov 13 23:40:36 GMT 2007

On Nov 12, 2007, at 9:41 AM, Edmund von der Burg wrote:

> I like boppy non-lyrical stuff (Cal Tjader), joel likes weird techno
> (Coil), hanekomu likes minimalist electronica from japan (Rei
> Harakami, Ryoji Ikeda, Aoki Takamasa).
>
> What works for you lot?

Interestingly, Cal Tjader is in my Deep Hack Mode playlist.  That's
along with Paul Oakenfold and Thelonius Monk and Miles Davis.
Basically, i go for stuff interesting enough that i don't feel the
need to turn it off because it sucks, but not so energetic that my
mind wants to pay more attention to the music than the problem at
hand.  Instrumentals work the best for me.  This is highly variable,
though; I find that if the problem is not one i'm very happy to be
solving, any sound at all is distracting, and leads to frustration and
crap code output.

--
elysse:  You dance better than some.
me:  "Some" what?