Any IIS 6 Perl CGI gurus out their with their sanity intact

Denny london.pm at metamathics.org
Wed Nov 14 11:12:32 GMT 2007

On Wed, 2007-11-14 at 10:54 +0000, Bob Browning wrote:
> Actually sanity is not a prerequisite, but we are trying to set up our
> CMS on IIS 6 Windows 2003 Web edition, CGI / Active Perl.
>
> We spent the whole of yesterday trying to figure out where the error
> messages for Perl go.  [...]
>
> The problem is not that we probably couldn't sort it out, the problem
> is that we can't find any sort of error log coming from Perl.

I have a vague memory of running into this a year or two ago and it
turned out that logging basically wasn't turned on in IIS by default.
It took a lot of trawling through the virtual server options to find the
right ticky-box, but it was that simple once we did find it (in our
case).

Good luck,

Denny