Any IIS 6 Perl CGI gurus out their with their sanity intact

Nigel Rantor wiggly at wiggly.org
Wed Nov 14 11:17:46 GMT 2007

<friendly-warning>
People *will* get annoyed if you hi-jack threads like this. Either that
or you'll get fewer answers since some people may have set their readers
to ignore the particular thread you hi-jacked.
</friendly-warning>

Bob Browning wrote:
 > Actually sanity is not a prerequisite, but we are trying to set up
 > our CMS on IIS 6 Windows 2003 Web edition, CGI / Active Perl.
 >
 > We spent the whole of yesterday trying to figure out where the error
 > messages for Perl go.  We have a program that runs from the command
 > line, gives out the mime headers and html as expected.  But as a cgi
 > program is crashes.  It seems to fail on the first require();
 >
 > The problem is not that we probably couldn't sort it out, the problem
 > is that we can't find any sort of error log coming from Perl.   We
 > searched the web for most of yesterday morning and could only find

I can't really help here, you can always try to explicitly redirect
STDERR somewhere else at the top of the script. If the error is before
that then I'd consider cutting out require's until you have something
that works and then add them back one-by-one.

It sounds like it could just be that the web server doesn't have the
same environment variables set as your shell does and is missing the
PERL5LIB that your console gives you.