Anti-cat device

John Costello cos at indeterminate.net
Wed Nov 28 23:03:43 GMT 2007

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007, Robin Berjon wrote:
> Hi,
> So I was wondering if some of you folks here had any tricks to fend
> off feline hackers? Any help is welcome.

Other than locking the keyboard, you might try dabbing a bit of citrus on
the palm rest or elsewhere on the system.  Cats hate the smell of citrus,
which I observed when my gf (now wife) tried a citrus-based flea liquid
two cats ago.  This assumes that you don't smelling like citrus until the
cat is broken of the habit.

I trained my cat not to step on my laptop keyboard using an old bathrobe
tie, which she loves to chase.  She is now trained to chase the bathrobe
tie every morning, and I am trained to oblige her.  This might be less
effective on a kitten, who likely has more energy than an adult cat.

John