Tube spoof-recordings

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Thu Nov 29 14:54:22 GMT 2007

On Thu, Nov 29, 2007 at 08:46:12AM +0000, Andy Wardley wrote:

> I saw an interview with [famous actor] recently (sorry can't remember which
> one, but it was someone old and prestigious). He said he had never seen
> himself act because he made a point of not watching any of the films
> he made. The idea of watching himself on screen was just too unpleasant.
> It made me wonder how he got as good as he did without ever having any
> direct feedback.

He got feedback from the directors, his fellow actors, the camera crew,
and so on.  You might as well ask how a stage actor can get to be any
good given that he never sees himself acting.

My experience on the stage is that by the time you've learnt a part -
which is a lot more than just learning the lines - it's too late to
incorporate what little feedback you'll get from the audience during a
performance.  Everything comes from seeing how the other people involved
in the rehearsals react.

--
David Cantrell | top google result for "internet beard fetish club"

PERL: Politely Expressed Racoon Love