Laptop Recommendations

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Thu Nov 29 15:20:34 GMT 2007

On Thu, Nov 29, 2007 at 01:34:34PM +0000, Nigel Rantor wrote:

> I am currently trying to see if I can get VMWare Player to install XP
> Pro for me using qemu to generate an initial disk image.
>
> If anyone has decent instructions for Ubuntu let me know, doesn't seem
> very happy to play right now, not detecting that there *is* a bootable
> CD there.

Can it boot other CDs?  And are you sure that your Ubuntu CD is
bootable?  ie, have you tried it on anything else?

--
David Cantrell | Cake Smuggler Extraordinaire

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed
 (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an
 endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary"  -- H. L. Mencken