Routers (again?)

Minty mintywalker at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 11:02:21 GMT 2007

> I can't be arsed with thrice daily router reboots. What's recommended
> for ADSL <-> Wireless duties?

Doesn't do ADSL and is stunningly overpriced, but the Apple Airport
does the wireless bit very nicely for me.  You can plug in a usb
printer or disk and have network printer/storage setup pretty much out
of the box.  We have an (iffy) upstream ethernet supply rather than
ADSL, and we eventually gave up on linksys/dlink as being unable to
recover from dropped ethernet connections without reboot.  Thus far,
the Airport has worked a charm.

No web interface afaik, so not much use for linux only users.

I have (ADSL+Wireless) Netgear WGR614 at home, which requires a kick
every few weeks, but otherwise does the job nicely.