mod_rewrite question

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Mon Jan 14 16:31:52 GMT 2008

On Sun, Jan 13, 2008 at 11:13:42PM +0000, David Cantrell wrote:

> I can't figure out how to persuade it that both
>   /foo
>   /?.=foo
> should map to
>   /index.pl?.=foo

I ended up getting pretty close - at least everything was ending up as
/index.pl?something, just with random numbers of ?.=?.= repeated in
there.  So I threw CGI.pm away and just lop all the leading crud off
$ENV{REQUEST_URI} to get the value that I want.  It's nasty, but it
works, and as a free bonus I don't have to load the Leviathan that is
CGI.pm so it runs faster :-)

--
David Cantrell | Enforcer, South London Linguistic Massive

Do not be afraid of cooking, as your ingredients will know and misbehave
   -- Fergus Henderson