Perl Advocacy

Greg McCarroll greg at mccarroll.org.uk
Sun Feb 24 18:26:00 GMT 2008

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 08:51:02AM +0000, Christopher Jones wrote:

> http://www.instituteforwomenshealth.ucl.ac.uk/trl
>
> You could use the Institute  logo and the UCL logo if you like

Thanks, we've already got 6 or 7 logo's and a volunteer to maintain the page,
after I get over the the carling cup result[1], we should have a page in the next few
days and a 'manifesto'[2] that lets the world know that Perl is a language that is alive
and well in London.

In other news I should have been ready for the diverse response, but once again I'm
surprised by just how may different companies/organisations use Perl.

Greg

[1] I'm a spurs fan.[3]
[2] We need to tell companies/organisations what they are getting into by saying publically
    they use Perl. To be honest its litereally just saying they use Perl, in the future it
    might be an avenue to help them recruit people.
[3] Did I mention we beat chelski? ;-)