finding job...

Nicholas Clark nick at ccl4.org
Mon Mar 17 20:50:48 GMT 2008

On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 10:32:01PM +0200, Davut Topcan wrote:
> me too,
>
> I hope you have to and must need to find a job in another country which you
> haven't been there..

Whilst we joke about mention of Perl being off topic for this list, the
implied corollary that anything and everything not Perl is on topic doesn't
actually hold.

Hence, mailing a "help me" to a Perl list where neither your summary of skills,
nor your CV itself, makes any mention of Perl, strikes me (and most of us) as
an inappropriate, inconsiderate* and foolish thing to do.

Sure, your name is now better known. But not for the right reasons.

I hope you have success in finding yourself a job. I wish you no ill in that
regard. But please realise that spamming your CV to any technical group you
can find does not give a positive impression of your competency in skills
that potential employers may well be looking for.

Nicholas Clark

* Think how many people have wasted a few seconds of their life reading your
  e-mail.