Random Perl 6 syntax rant

ben@bpfh.net ben at bpfh.net
Tue Apr 1 11:24:23 BST 2008

On Tue, Apr 01, 2008 at 10:12:13AM +0100, Peter Hickman wrote:

>It's all part of the plan, make Perl so unreadable that only CAMRA
>loving beardy wierdos can use it and we'll all have jobs for life.

That implies that there would ever be a sufficient number of companies
putting Perl6 into production as to make a job market in it viable.

I'm still in favour of dropping the 5 from the current production version
number, ie make the next release Perl 12 and have done with it.

Perl6 is not Perl - and having them both thought of as "Perl" will only
allow the Perl6 effort to poison the well for Perl, without actually
providing an ecosystem to replace it.

Ben