Long-shot Windows XP question

Randy J. Ray rjray at blackperl.com
Tue Apr 1 18:39:09 BST 2008

Due to a need to use a proprietary VPN, I've been forced to use the WinXP side
of my laptop for more than just playing Civ IV lately. As such, I've taken to
passing files between XP and Linux via a VFAT32 partition. However, I learned
yesterday that if I hibernate XP, boot Linux, put/change files on that
partition, and then go back to XP that it has a cached impression of that
partition. It won't see the files or changes I've made, and if I make any
changes it will likely lose the ones made by Linux. Does anyone know if there
is a way to tell XP to flush all disk-caches upon hibernate, and then to
consider them invalid when it returns from hibernation?

(As God is my witness, this is the first time I've used a Windows platform for
professional work in my nearly 20-year career...)

Randy