Better Perl

Nigel Rantor wiggly at wiggly.org
Thu Apr 3 17:22:57 BST 2008

Aidan Samuel wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 4:57 PM, Abigail <abigail at abigail.be> wrote:
>>  I've heard people saying that for over 10 years.
>>

> Being a relative newbie, can I ask; were there similar levels of
> controversy when Perl 5 was brewing?

Hmm, good question. I don't recall it, but then I may not have been
paying attention. I do recall a bit of grumbling about the OO system not
being very nice. Mainly because that's one of the things I was looking
forward to. Perl5 wasn't brewing for nearly as long as Perl6 though.

I still think we should strip Perl6 of the title and get a small set of
big things (?) to go into the next version. The current Perl6 can become
Perl3000 or somesuch...

Sorry if I sound grumpy today, it is just becasue I like Perl and want
to see it evolve within my lifetime[0].

[0] my working lifetime ideally